Concerning our work on a successful alternative to math remediation published in Education Next: http://educationnext.org/reforming-remediation-college-students-mainstreamed-success-cuny/
List of Articles and Other Media Coverage About:
Logue, A. W., Watanabe-Rose, M., and Douglas, D. (2016). Should students assessed as needing remedial mathematics take college-level quantitative courses instead? A randomized controlled trial. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, 38, 578-598. PDF available at: http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.3102/0162373716649056 . Open access version available at: http://academicworks.cuny.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1263&context=gc_pubs
- American Educational Research Association (AERA). (2016, June 22). Study: Should first-year college students assessed as needing remedial math take college-level quantitative… Video. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwcYIzbvuGo&feature=youtu.be
- American Educational Research Association (AERA). (2016, June 23). Should first-year college students assessed as needing remedial math take college-level quantitative courses instead? Press release. Retrieved from http://www.aera.net/Newsroom/News-Releases-and-Statements/Should-First-Year-College-Students-Assessed-as-Needing-Remedial-Math-Take-College-Level-Quantitative-Courses-Instead
- Anderson, N. (2016, June 23). Study casts doubt on value of remedial math for college. The Washington Post. Retrieved from https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/06/23/study-casts-doubt-on-value-of-remedial-math-for-college/
- Austin, N. (2016, September 13). Sections tackle going to college, mixing in the arts. The Modesto Bee. Retrieved from http://www.modbee.com/news/local/education/nan-austin/article101633147.html
- College students placed in remedial algebra have better outcomes in college stats classes. (2016, June 25). CUNY. The Daily Brief. Retrieved from http://www1.cuny.edu/portal_ur/news/in_news/2016/June_23_2016.pdf
- Gelman, A. (2016, December 30). Statistical modeling, causal inference, and social science. Blog. Retrieved from http://andrewgelman.com/
- Logue, A. W. (2016, July 1). Should college students assessed as needing remedial algebra take college-level statistics instead? Evolllution. Retrieved from http://evolllution.com/attracting-students/retention/should-college-students-assessed-as-needing-remedial-algebra-take-college-level-statistics-instead/
- Logue, A. W., Watanabe-Rose, M., & Douglas, D. (2017, Spring). Reforming remediation. Education Next, 17(2). Along with accompanying podcast. Retrieved from http://educationnext.org/reforming-remediation-college-students-mainstreamed-success-cuny/
- New CUNY study explores mainstreaming as path to success for students in need of remedial math instruction. (2016, June 23). CUNY Academic News. Retrieved from http://www1.cuny.edu/mu/academic-news/2016/06/23/new-cuny-study-explores-mainstreaming-as-path-to-success-for-students-in-need-of-remedial-math-instruction/
- Ross, J. (2016, June 29). Tough love for maths strugglers: throw them in at the deep end. The Australian. Retrieved from http://www.theaustralian.com.au/higher-education/tough-love-for-maths-strugglers-throw-them-in-at-the-deep-end/news-story/827f7fe359b95a015dd42c496d8ad8b2
- Sage and AERA. (2016, December 30). Access this year’s most-read AERA articles. Retrieved from http://info.sagepub.com/p/14OHi
- Should college students assessed as needing remedial algebra take college-level statistics instead? (2016, July 5). Daily Lumina News. Retrieved from https://www.luminafoundation.org/newsblasts/2016-07-05
- Should first-year college students assessed as needing remedial math take college-level quantitative courses instead? (2016, June). Science Daily. Retrieved from https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160624105218.htm
- Smith, A. A. (2016, June 23). Mainstreaming remedial math. Inside Higher Ed. Retrieved from https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2016/06/23/college-students-placed-remedial-algebra-have-better-outcomes-college-stats-classes
- Stratford, M. (2016, June 23). Rethinking college remediation. Politico’s Morning Education.
- What we are reading. (2016, June/July). Higher Ed in Brief: Higher Education at the Charles A. Dana Center.
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Imagine never having tasted a salad, a burger, or a bowl of spaghetti. Not because you’re allergic, but because the food disgusts you.
As CBS2’s Kristine Johnson explained, it’s a real eating disorder for more and more adults who are sick of food.
“To me, it’s like urine or feces being mixed in,” Alexandra Logue said.
For Logue, just the thought of eating fish makes her sick to her stomach.
“What I have for seafood is classified as disgust, which means I can’t even make contact with it,” Logue said.
Logue’s severe food aversion started when she was a child and didn’t end there.
“I’ve gotten better. I will eat salad now. I will eat asparagus or broccoli if I have to,” she said. View full article on CBS NY